Serve DC announces the availability of AmeriCorps State Competitive Grant funding for Fiscal Year 2019 - 2020 to eligible organizations. Subject to the availability of appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019 (FY2019). Application Instructions state that new applicants with high-quality proposals will compete with other National programs for competitive grant funds made available through Serve DC.
The total amount of an applicant’s grant request must not exceed $15,192 per Member Service Year. For Professional Corps, the applicant's grant request must not must not exceed $1,000 per Member Service Year. For Education Award Only Programs, grant requests must not exceed $800 per Member Service Year. AmeriCorps is a national service network that provides full- and less than full-time opportunities for participants, called members, to serve their communities and build the capacity of nonprofit organizations to meet local environmental, educational, public safety, homeland security, or other human needs. Within these issue areas, programs may submit proposals that address specific problems of local communities.
Serve DC asks new and recompeting applicants to submit a logical model prior to application submission. Logic Models will be reviewed by the Serve DC Commission. Following the Serve DC Commissions initial review of logic models, a decision will be made asto invite applicants to submit a full application. Please limit your logic model to 3 pages and, email it to [email protected] by November 2, 2018 at 5 pm. Please note: Continuation applicants do not need to submit a logic model.
- Download the complete 2019 AmeriCorps State Competitive Grant Competition Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
- Download the complete 2019 AmeriCorps State Competitive Grant Competition Request for Applications (RFA).
- Download the Mandatory Suplemental Guidance
- Download the Performance Measure Instructions
Please note: The deadline for submission is December 3, 2018, by 5 pm.
Applications must be entered in to the CNCS eGrants online system and all required hard-copy documents must be submitted to Serve DC. Late applications will not be accepted. An application is considered late at 5:01 pm.
National Direct applicants, please complete the consultation form using this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FY19Consult
The following technical assistance (TA) sessions are available:
- October 15, 2018 from 2 - 3:30 pm at the Frank D. Reeves Municipal Center, 2000 14th Street, NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20009
- October 25, 2018 from 4:30 - 6:30 pm at the Frank D. Reeves Municipal Center, 2000 14th Street, NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20009
To RSVP for one of the TA sessions, please contact Allyson Carpenter at [email protected].