In partnership with the Mayor's Office on LGBTQ Affairs, the Mayor's Office on Women’s Policy and Initiatives and the Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs, Serve DC will honor World AIDS Day in the District by hosting its fifth annual DC Government World AIDS Day Food Drive, an opportunity for DC Government employees and agencies to raise awareness for HIV/AIDS in our community and support neighbors in need.
The 2015 Food Drive runs from November 10th to November 30th and Serve DC encourages District Government agencies and offices to register as donation drop-off sites. Donations benefit residents living with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life-challenging illnesses.
DC Government World AIDS Day Food Drive Purpose:
Secure food for vulnerable HIV/AID constituents in recognition of World AIDS day, December 1, 2015.
Partners will launch a campaign to collect non-perishable food items from November 10th through November 30th. Food will be collected at DC Government buildings by using cardboard boxes located in the lobby of buildings and agencies. Boxes will be branded to distinguish campaign from Thanksgiving food collection campaigns.
- Provide resources for purchase of boxes.
- Secure commitment and pledges from DC Government agencies and employees.
- Track contributions by agency (measure cans/bags of non-perishable food by weight).
- Market through social networks, newsletter and individual contacts.
- Schedule food pick-up with Serve DC (date/time).
Food Distribution sites:
- Us Helping Us 3636 Georgia Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20010
- Empoderate! 2831 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009 and 3055 Mount Pleasant Street, NW Washington, DC 20009
- Casa Ruby 2822 Georgia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Women's Collective 1275 Brentwood Road, NE #1, Washington, DC 20018
Register your agency as a DC Government World AIDS Day Food Drive donation drop-off site. For more information on our World AIDS Day Food Drive, please contact Serve DC at [email protected] or (202) 727-7925.