Serve DC announces the availability of AmeriCorps State Competitive funding for Fiscal Year 2016-17 to eligible organizations. Subject to the availability of appropriations for Fiscal Year 2016 (FY2016) and release of Application Instructions by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), new applicants with high-quality proposals will compete nationally with other State and National programs for Competitive funds made available through Serve DC and CNCS.
The total amount of an applicant’s grant request must not exceed $13,730 per Member Service Year. Applicants must request no less than twenty (20) Member Slots. For Professional Corps, the applicant’s grant request must not exceed $2,500 per Member Service Year ($2,000 for Fixed Amount Grant) and must request no less than twenty (20) Member Slots. AmeriCorps is a national service network that provides full- and less than full-time opportunities for participants, called members, to serve their communities and build the capacity of nonprofit organizations to meet local environmental, educational, public safety, homeland security, or other human needs. Within these issue areas, programs may submit proposals that address specific problems of local communities.
Serve DC asks new and recompeting applicants to submit a logical model prior to application submission. Logic Models will be reviewed by the Serve DC Commission. Following the Serve DC Commissions initial review of logic models, a decision will be made as to which programs Serve DC will ask to submit a full application. Please limit your logic model to 3 pages and email them to email@example.com by October 21, 2015 at 5pm. Please note: Continuation applicants do not need to submit a logic model.
- Download the complete 2016 AmeriCorps State Competitive Grant Competition Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
- Download the complete 2016 AmeriCorps State Competitive Grant Competition Request for Applications (RFA).
Please Note: The deadline for submission is December 4, 2015, by 5 pm.
Applications must be entered in to the CNCS eGrants online system and all required hard-copy documents must be submitted to Serve DC. Late applications will not be accepted. An application is considered late at 5:01 p.m.
The following technical assistance (TA) sessions are available:
- Wednesday, September 30 5:30 - 6:30 pm in the Frank D. Reeves Municipal Center, Serve DC – The Mayor’s Office on Volunteerism, 2000 14th Street, NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20009
- Tuesday, October 6 2 - 3 pm (Conference Call). Call information will only be available to those who RSVP.
National Direct Applicants
Follow the guidelines below:
- September 24 - December 9 By scheduled appointment only, hold a one-on-one meeting with the DC Commission. Contact Pamela Weinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the appointment
- Friday, November 20, 2015 National Direct Applicants Notice of Intent due to Serve DC by 5:00 pm
- Monday, January 11, 2016 National Direct Consultation forms due to Serve DC by 5:00pm
Following these guidelines does not guarantee Commission “Support” for a National Direct Applicant. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in a “Do Not Support” or “Neutral” ranking.
For additional information or to RSVP for technical assistance, please email Pamela Weinberg at email@example.com.